Amito’s solutions are built on 20 years’ experience of running data centres.
Our Colocation Solutions
We deliver high quality, bespoke services through a network of 20 facilities across the UK. These include leading third-party sites such as Telehouse and Equinix, and our own flagship data centre in Reading. This vast reach allows us to provide great value, flexible colocation services that match your requirements and budget exactly. By offering half rack and quarter rack options, we make it possible for smaller organisations to access the benefits that come with using large data centres.
Colocation with Amito
- Extensive presence. We offer space in a range of carrier hub data centres across London, the Thames Valley and Manchester. Each datacentre has its own virtues – we can work with you to decide which is the best fit for your needs.
- High connectivity. All of our colocation sites are linked by dark fibre rings, which gives us flexibility and virtually infinite capacity.
- Flexible model. We can provide multiple, full, half and quarter racks, with power loads ranging from 2kW to 35kW per rack. This means you only pay for what you’ll use.
- UK based technical teams. Our Reading data centre is backed by round-the-clock support from third-line engineers. We also provide the highest level of remote hands support for infrastructure hosted in third-party locations.
What is data centre colocation?
Colocation hosting gives businesses the option to rent out rack space for their server hardware and other network equipment in a data centre owned and operated by a third party. This is sometimes referred to as a ‘colo’ data centre.
The facility will house hardware owned by multiple different clients. The provider is responsible for supplying the space and the cabinet, physical and cyber security, power and cooling, and maintaining and managing the environment.
The benefits of data centre colocation include lower CAPEX, predictable costs, reduced burden on staff, scalability, and high performance, bandwidth and connectivity.
This option includes ¼ and ½ rack services. Partial racks are as secure and resilient as full racks. Individual locks and dedicated power supplies come as standard – taking care of your critical data.Fractional Rack Solutions
For those with larger requirements, we have a bespoke full rack option that offers varied power density from 2kw to 35kw. There’s also a range of different footprints, which include wider racks for equipment of above standard width. The highest levels of security and resilience keep your critical data safe.Reading Rack Options
Cages & suites
We can provide flexible solutions from cages to dedicated suites, tailored to your specific requirements. Get in touch with us if you’d like to discuss how we can meet your needs.
Reading - our flagship data centre
We own and operate a Tier 3+ data centre in Reading; highly interconnected and with our expert technical staff on-site to provide the highest level of support.
How can we help?
With 20 locations and a range of options we can create the perfect colocation solution for you – just let us know what you have in mind.
If you know what you want and where, then simply fill in the form and one of our experts will be in touch to discuss the details.
If you’re not sure what you need, that’s OK too. Drop us a line and we will be glad to help you shape the right solution using our extensive experience.
- Unit 2, Smallmead Road, Reading, RG2 0QS
- 0118 380 0599